Sail Through Sentosa Singapore with this Handy Guide!
Singapore is enthralling, energetic and eventful in many ways. A country with people from all walks of life, the city of Singapore has always been one of the most sought after tourist destination for various reasons. One of the most important of them all is the Sentosa Island – The frolic twist to Singapore! During our trip to Singapore and Malaysia, we dedicated one day to the Sentosa Island and visited the various attractions there. Here we share our experiences from the Sentosa Island, things which you should know and do to make the most of your visit to this beautiful piece of land.
Sentosa derives its name from Sanskrit word Santosh meaning contentment and that’s one thing you can be assured of when visiting Sentosa. This is one stop destination for all your vacation needs. Right from beaches to theme park to a wax museum, this island is set to keep you entertained throughout. As we had only a day to spend at Sentosa, we can now say that you need minimum three days to explore Sentosa completely.
How to Reach:
While Singapore can be reached via different airlines like Singapore Airlines from all corners of the world, Sentosa Island can be reached either by a cable car, a monorail, a private car, or even by walking through the broadway. The different modes of transport makes it very easy to reach Sentosa from the main city. The monorail or the cable car can be taken from the Harbor Front MRT station. The 4 stations of the Sentosa Express Monorail has different adventure or leisure spots to be enjoyed. There is a shuttle service too which operates within the island and provides free transport to explore all the recreational areas.
Where to stay:
Singapore as a city has a plethora of options to stay depending on your budget. Right from luxurious options like Pan Pacific Singapore to a mid-range hotel like Parc Sovereign, you can easily pick one. Sentosa on the other hand also provides multiple options ranging from luxurious hotels to beach resorts. The overall connectivity of this city both by public or private transport makes it easier to pick and choose a good stay.
Things to do:
Sentosa Island is your tryst with fun, frolic, fiesta and festivity while visiting Singapore. Although there are multiple places to visit and things to do, we could manage few due to the scarcity of time. Here goes the list:
1) Universal Studios: A theme park which takes you right into the world of movies, this is a must visit place when you are visiting Singapore. Full of adventure rides, fun activities, film memorabilia and games, a day spent at Universal Studios is a day well spent.
2) Images of Singapore: A theater play depicting the history of Singapore. It is performed by real actors taking you through the different eras. Quite informative, interactive and interesting way to showcase your country’s evolution through time. This play also showed the amount of pride the people of Singapore have in their country’s history and development.
3) Madame Tussads: A wax museum with life sized wax figures of celebrities, this place needs no introduction. The excitement and thrill you get in every statue keeps increasing as you see your favorite stars. The props present with every statue enhance the experience of getting clicked.
4) S. E. A. Aquarium: One of the largest aquarium in the world, this place has more than 800 species of animals from the marine world. A walk through this aquarium makes you feel a part of the ocean life and leaves a soothing impact. A must visit place for someone who loves to sit beside the aquarium and watch the fishes.
5) Wings of Time: The best way to call it a day at Sentosa is to watch the spectacular Wings of Time show. Played every evening as the last act, this beautiful light and sound show talks about the story of courage, adventure and time travel through various characters. The laser lights, 3D projection and mystical sound effects make it a show not to be missed.
Besides these there are other attractions too at Sentosa which should be covered if you have more time. Few other recreational activities include a visit to the Adventure Cove Park, iFly or may be a day at the beach. Sentosa has 3 beautiful beaches to help you take a day off and relax at the beach while enjoying some sumptuous food. Like we said before, take at least 3 days for Sentosa to enjoy it to the fullest.
Liked it. Pin it.